VULCAN Compression End Mill for Routing Composites 3/8in Diameter 3/8in Shank 1.39in Length of Cut 2 1/2in Overall Length CVD Diamond Coated (1890-3750V1125)
- Part Number: 1890-3750V1125
- Item Type: VULCAN Compression End Mill for Routing Composites
- Diameter: 3/8in
- Shank: 3/8in
- Length of Cut: 1.39in
- Overall Length: 2 1/2in
- Series: Series 1890
- Flutes: 6 Flute
- End Style: Center Cutting Plunge
- Coating: High Performance CVD Diamond Coating
- Primary Applications: CFRP (Carbon Fiber), AFRP (Aramid Fiber), GFRP (Fiberglass)
- Additional Applications: Carbon, Graphite, Plastic, Machinable Ceramic, Machinable Glass
Used often in the automotive and aerospace industries, composite layer materials are dense and abrasive by nature and require unique tools like the Kyocera VULCAN Compression End Mill to create clean edges and surface finish.
This compression end mill is designed with up cut and down cut flutes to compress the composite material preventing delamination. The spiral flute design creates a shearing action to cleanly cut the fibers. Utilizing a positive rake angle, the compression end mill makes quick sharp cuts minimizing heat and preventing the formation of resin burrs.
VULCAN Compression End Mills utilize high performance CVD Diamond Coating for improving wear resistance and maintaining sharp cutting edges.